Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Adventures in the South Pacific - Issue 10


Being Bathed in Moonlight

I woke up to the full moon bathing me with light through the skylight over the master bed.
As has become my personal ritual, I woke up before everyone else and greeted the day. I've been take pictures of each sunrise, and continuing the writing on my latest book.

Brian went to dive with the sharks. Jess and I stayed on the boat.

I did laundry. We string a clothing line all around the perimeter of the top deck. It made me a bit nervous putting all our clothes out there with the wind whipping pretty fast. If anything flew into the water, we would surely never see it again.

We took a dingy ride around the island and watched a sea plane take off from the Turtle Island resort.

We spent some more time with our Australian friends enjoying drinks at the resort where we have all been meeting each day.

As Jess was running the controls hoisting the dingy back on the top deck, Brian noticed a tiny sea snack crawling around the back. This little poisonous snake had ridden with us from shore. That definitely creeped me out more than a little. I made Brian search around the dingy making sure there were no others lurking somewhere underneath the life vests and other things we keep in there at all times.

We headed back the next day toward Musket Cove. The water and wind are much calmer there, so we decided to go back for a few days. Jess tried fishing on the return trip. So far he hasn't caught anything. If he does catch a fish, it will most likely be as big as he is. At least that's what Brian keeps saying. Only time will tell. 

Tomorrow, dolphins . . .

Debbie Takara Shelor

No comments:

Post a Comment