Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Adventures in the South Pacific - Issue 18

And the Third Day She Arose From the Dead . . .

It certainly felt that way.

I'd heard horror stories of people that were sick for most of "the crossing" that I described in an earlier post. One woman lost 15 pounds on that journey. She's still at it though. We last saw her in Fiji.

Anyway, I literally heard in my head the song, "She is risen, hallelujah, she is risen, hallelujah, she is risen, halle - lu - jah, halle - lu - jah, halle - lu - jah" as only the 2nd Chapter of Acts can sing it.

I felt reborn, fresh, new, free. I felt glorious to be alive.

I made a few statements within to the Universe about who I am and what I'm about. Basking in the knowing that it is true.

You know they say that fasting is a great way to reach nirvana. I've always ascribed to meditation in nature without the fasting. I'm too thin already.

But this was the speedy train version of fasting. Even if you did eat, it wouldn't be with you long, and you were purging other things. A bizarre road to enlightenment for sure.

Brian says he can help anyone lose weight. Take the stabilizers off the boat, feed the people whatever they want, and keep them out at sea for 2 weeks. Tons of weight will be lost. (laugh out loud) Brian is wildly funny!

As I was coming out of my stupor and into clarity once more, actually smiling because life was so wonderful, Brian shouted that there were dolphins off the bow.

We all hit the deck to watch them frolic and play as only they know how. In one glorious crescendo, 5 simultaneously leapt completely out of the water. The greatest choreographers in the world couldn't ask for dancer's with more perfect timing and precision . . . and then they were gone.

I knew something significant had shifted within me. I felt fabulous both as an internal way of being and in this body no longer racked with nausea.

Welcome to Vanuatu . . .

Debbie Takara Shelor

No comments:

Post a Comment