Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Home Again Home Again Jiggidy Jig

We spent several more days in New Caledonia.

Jess came down with the chicken pox. We had already had a few rough crossings so we decided to call it quits on the south pacific.

It took several days to get home.

We woke up around 5:30 a.m. on October 23rd. Left the boat by 6:30, saying goodbye to our dear captain and the yacht we'd shared for over a month.

A lovely shuttle ride through the countryside of New Caledonia made me understand why people love it so much. The city we had been in was definitely forgettable. But the other parts of the island were simply breathtaking.

The first plane took us from New Caledonia to New Zealand. Ah how I wish we could have stayed there for awhile.

The next plane took us from New Zealand to L.A.

That was followed by a plane from L.A. to Charlotte, NC.

Then on to D.C.

We arrived at 11:55 p.m. on October 23rd. It was the world's longest day! Whoever said there are 24 hours in a day never traveled crossing the international date line.

I don't know how many more hours than 24 it was. But it definitely wasn't just 24.

My friend, Carolyn, had booked a hotel for us near the airport. Unfortunately the phone number I had to call the shuttle didn't work. I ended up having to take a cab.

We finally got to sleep in a real bed by 1 a.m.

I set the alarm for 9:30 a.m. so we could enjoy the free breakfast. We fell fast asleep soon after.

Checkout was at noon, so we packed quickly and left just in the nick of time.

Carolyn picked us up and took us back to her place where my car was waiting. We transferred all our luggage and I began the drive to Radford.

We arrived at home at 7:30 p.m. We didn't even bother to take anything out of the car. We were so happy to be back in our own beds. We both fell fast asleep.

Jess and I both woke up 1 a.m. Heaven only knows what time zone we were in.

By 2 a.m. we had fallen back asleep and we slept until noon.

That night I went to sleep at 10 p.m. and again didn't wake up until noon the next day.

The weather here is chilly. Many of the leaves have already turned and are falling off the trees. Ah how I dislike fall and winter.

People ask me what I thought about the whole trip. It's still too early to tell all the wonderful insights I've gained by visiting the South Pacific.

I do know this.

I love living in a climate where you can wear tank tops, sarongs, and flip flops all the time. My skin loves the humidity. Tropical flowers are glorious. I love  living on the water in a yacht. I've never liked cold or winter. Fiji is fabulous!

When I'm away traveling, or even when I'm not, I rarely think about what's happening somewhere else. I'm fully immersed in the moment I'm in.

My son, however, kept thinking about home. He actually had tears in his eyes when he returned to his own things in his own room.

I completed most of my new book on this journey. I got up many mornings before anyone else was awake and wrote, sipped tea, and basked in the beauty that surrounded me.

Talking to one of my dearest friends on the phone soon after my return, she remarked that I had a calmness, a confidence, and a new tonal quality in my voice that was noticeable.

I'm still working on getting all of me back into the time zone I'm living in.

I'm finishing up the book and putting together a new workshop series. The first one is being planned for Charlotte, North Carolina.

To find out more about my books, products, long distance energy healing sessions, workshops, and more, visit Dolphin Empowerment and join the mailing list.

Fiji was Fabulous,
Debbie Takara Shelor 

No comments:

Post a Comment